Elle and James Limited
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
Cookies can be used by web servers to identity and track users as they navigate different pages on a website and to identify users returning to a website.
Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies. A persistent cookie consists of a text file sent by a web server to a web browser, which will be stored by the browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date (unless deleted by the user before the expiry date). A session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
Cookies on this website
We use both session cookies and persistent cookies on this website.
We may send to you the following cookies:
1st Party Cookies
(1) d1f130152a8144e1fb82c8580b23f783 This cookie is set by our content management system. This cookie is deleted when a user closes their browser.
(2) style – These cookie are set by our content management system, they control the template style and Ui interface options the system uses. These cookise can persist for up to a year.
3rd Party Cookies
(3) __utma – Expires: 2 years. Google Analytics
(4) __utmb – Expires: 1 day. Google Analytics
(5) __utmc – Expires: At end of Browser session. Google Analytics
(6) __utmz – Expires: 6 months. Google Analytics
Cookie [1 and 5] are a session cookies, whereas cookies [2, 3, 4, and 6] are persistent cookies.
Cookies do not contain any information that personally identifies you, but personal information that we store about you may be linked, by us, to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
We may use the information we obtain from your use of our cookies for the following purposes:
(1) to recognise your computer when you visit our website;
(2) to track you as you navigate our website, and to enable the use of the commenting facilities on our website;
(3) to improve the website’s usability;
(4) to analyse the use of our website;
(5) in the administration of this website;
Third party cookies
When you use our website, you may also be sent third party cookies.
Our service providers may send you cookies. They may use the information they obtain from your use of their cookies:
(1) to track your browser across multiple websites;
(2) to build a profile of your web surfing;
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. For example:
(1) in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector;
(2) in Firefox you can block all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Options”, and un-checking “Accept cookies from sites” in the “Privacy” box.
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We embed videos from our official YouTube channel using YouTube’s privacy-enhanced mode. This mode may set cookies on your computer once you click on the YouTube video player, but YouTube will not store personally-identifiable cookie information for playbacks of embedded videos using the privacy-enhanced mode. To find out more please visit YouTube’s embedding videos information page.
Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
You can also delete cookies already stored on your computer:
(1) in Internet Explorer, you must manually delete cookie files (you can find instructions for doing so at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835);
(2) in Firefox, you can delete cookies by, first ensuring that cookies are to be deleted when you “clear private data” (this setting can be changed by clicking “Tools”, “Options” and “Settings” in the “Private Data” box) and then clicking “Clear private data” in the “Tools” menu.
Doing this may have a negative impact on the usability of many websites.
This website is owned and operated by Elle and James Limited.
If you have any questions about our cookies or this cookies policy, please contact us by email to email@example.com or by post to:
Elle and James Limited, Atlantic Business Centre, Atlantic Street, Altrincham, Cheshire WA14 5NQ